Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Night Celebration



Voilá! Two Asian-inspired meals I've made recently. The one on top was tonight's: fried tofu, yellow beans, and shiitake mushrooms with a spicy peanut-ginger sauce. The one below I made on Sunday: a Thai red curry of tofu, yellow squash and yellow beans. Both were very tasty, but I definitely need to get better quality spices if I'm really going to be able to recreate my favorite flavors at home. More interesting vegetables would also go a long way.

Luckily, I have a trip to Philly planned on the Chinatown bus, which should afford me ample food shopping opportunities in the Chinatowns of both cities. I'm looking forward to coming back inspired and ready to cook.

Tonight, however, I recieved inspiration of a very different sort. I had a generally excellent day today: my Spanish and ballet classes both went well, and after ballet was over the best dancer in the class told me I was really good and that I should audition for the student-run dance group on campus. Then earlier tonight I went on a very successful food recovery (read: dumpster diving) mission and even completed all of my work before I even got home.

To celebrate, I'm going to sit back, watch Center Stage, possibly my favorite movie (though I don't go broadcasting that fact) and indulge in the three main bad-for-me food groups: salty, sweet, and alcoholic. There's nothing like popcorn, Tofutti Better Pecan, and a beer to cap off a good day.

No comments: