Monday, September 29, 2008

I Will Squash You


Whenever I emerge from the kitchen with a delicious vegan meal that a) involves actual vegetables, grains, and legumes and b) did not come from the microwave, I get lots of impressed noises from my roommates. What they don't realize is that a meal like this is just about the easiest thing I think one could make. All I did was hack apart an acorn squash, cover it in some salt, pepper, and oil and throw it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Bam. Done. Delicious.

If you're me, you top it off with come chili-garlic-lime sauce, but any old topping will do. Hell, you could even turn it into somewhat of a sweet indulgence with brown sugar, a fate that will befall the other half of the squash for leftovers lunch in approximately 3...2...1...

No comments: