Saturday, September 27, 2008

You Love Tofu, You Just Don't Know It Yet

I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Making Tofu Delicious. My go-to standard when I'm feeding non-tofu lovers is Isa's Orange Ginger Tofu. Seriously, everyone loves this recipe. Even my grandparents, who raise happy meat, love it. I brought it to a potluck yesterday and got rave reviews. Someone even put chocolate fondue on it and proclaimed it just as delicious. I think that idea has some real merit, but it was milk chocolate so I didn't get to test her ingenuity.

Tonight's creation, seen above, was an effort to use up the leftover ginger from last night and a half a can of coconut milk that I used for a curry earlier in the week. So, after frying slices of tofu marinated in soy sauce, I sauteed garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes before adding green beans, red pepper, coconut milk and lime juice and letting it all simmer to delicious perfection. Served over rice noodles (which are one of the more difficult foods I've eaten in a while. They really test my fork-spinning skills.), and with some sriracha and this was a perfect Saturday night dinner.

Of course, since it is one AM on a Saturday, I made the executive decision to accompany it with a pumpkin beer. Truly, beer and spicy foods are a match made in heaven.

No comments: