Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Special Treat




I never buy food. Or, I guess what I mean is that I never get takeout. It's so much more economical and (usually) relaxing to buy plenty of dry staples, vegetables, and spices and create something new at the end of each day. But today was especially draining. I had two midterms in one day and the last one finished at 8 PM. Thus, I was not really in the mood to make dinner.

Instead I splurged on a three-course sushi dinner. My three roll combination (cucumber and shiitake, cucumber and avocado, and avocado and peanut) came with a salad with the most delicious dressing. I'm not entirely sure what it was, but I'm fairly sure it featured carrot, ginger, and sesame, along with probably some vinegar. I paired them with miso soup I already had at home and was perfectly set with my indulgent three-course meal. There's nothing like relaxing at home with sushi in your sweatpants after a long and stressful day.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

What a treat and perfect for de-stressing. It looks YUM!

Bethany said...

I could totally use that meal tonight. for some reason I got a bit stressed today.

Avacado and peanut sushi sounds really good. I typically get a combo of:

AAC (asparagus, avacado, cucumber)

Avacado

tasty sprouts, mushrooms, carrots and I forget the rest.